Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Friend...My Philosopher....My Guide....and now My Dentist...!!

 We all have our ups and downs and we all have friends around to share it with....it could be the same person or could be different people....depending upon your plan of action....but the point is we always have someone to talk to.....
For me  it has always been 1 person...for some time now...

While we are on that note....let me tell you about this friend of mine....Cause i am one of those lucky ones to have her by my side for quite a while....
yup...datz her...!!
 Doctor Ketki Joshi....actually a dentist...
But who cares....she came to my rescue....wen i needed a saviour...


It's been 10 years....and 10 years straight without any breaks.....
Shez known me in and out.....advised me....helped me and stood by me at times when i was in need...
and soo was it today as well...
place...time.....work....nothing ever has stood between.....i am not a firm believer in the concept of best friends but....if i had to choose one among all it will surely be you ketki....

Which brings me to today.....and as of today she's my new Dentist..

Well i happened to have a tooth problem and though i had my regular Dentist (who by the way was extremely good)....but still i decided to give my friend a chance...:P
soo i paid my friend a visit....to get myself treated....
Itz always weird to have someone ogling down your throat...and all the more if she's a hot girl....now imagine if she happens to be your best friend....it was seeming too crazy and weird

but as it turned out....it wasn't such a big deal eventually....
Firstly i get a preferential treatment by not having to wait in the queue....then itz ketki in the Doc's apron....waiting inside....gives me a smile....and trust me...somehow i could not stop smiling....or rather i was laughing....which made her laugh too...haha
Although i was mentally prepared....it was soo different there...maybe not for her coz she was the doctor....and mite be used to this....but to mee....it definately was..
Eventually it got better....and from then on it was a doctor patient like thing...until...
while working on my tooth she starts telling me stories about different things....about other people...like gossip stuff.....and i was sitting on the chair with open jaws....i was like... this dosent seem a visit to doctor at all...it was as if 2 friends hanging out....credit to her....

She did her thing to my tooth which was excellent by the way....but thats not the point...for her of course it was....coz she thought i would be a good critic.....and for that maybe she was extra cautious...soo she wanted a report later on.....well to cut the long story short.....i have got a dependable dentist.....who gives me preferential treatment....rest who cares....
she's my dentist now....she can do the worrying....

Soo coming back to the point....i can still remember the first time when i really got to know her....seemed to be a out of the way....spoilt girl to me....who was way out of my league....but then we sort of connected.....i wouldn't be wrong to say she was there to share each and every happiness with me.....and even my sorrows....plus she thinks am funny.....though i doubt that....but then who minds the compliments....
And even today whenever i hit a jackpot....she knows it first....and vice versa...hopefully..:)
It just gives me Immense pleasure and happiness to see you stand with such great future....
and so for you my friend i have a few lines...

Miles we came since the first day we met...
and miles we will go till one of us may set...
But what we share is a gift that few get....
i will be there with you even if i have to be your pet...(nothing else was rhyming yaar)

Remember the time when we were brittle..
and the night had seemed to be soo little...
now is the time when we look to settle...
but i wanna go back somewhere in that riddle..

since you have always been in my boat...
i hope you will be there till i reach the coast...

and while you are there i don't want to reach the coast
cause then i won't have anything to boast...



Thank you dentist....not just for today...but for everyday....
my teeth she says are in best shape....
..
P.S.: Ketki....at 3am the effect of the Tranquilizer has completely subsidized and i feel a slight tingle in my tooth..it feels funny...hehe

14 comments:

  1. hey dude.....it was really very nice yaar....just cant tell u hw special it felt....thanx...and aftr all wat are best frnds for...:-)
    u kno...my eyes felt moist for a second while reading it....u kno somethng ur criticism as well as appreciation has always mattered alot to me....n even u kno tht very well...n so u also make it a point to do so whenever required...thanx for tht...;-)
    n today ur appreciation for my work has made me so confident abt myself...evn i was in a dilemma whether i shuld do ur treatment or no coz i feared if it wuld hurt u....or u may nt like it..or somethng...bt thankfully it didnt or atleast u pretended as it didnt....:D
    bt really thanx a lot for trusting me and believing in me....coz risking ur tooth for sme1 as ill-experienced as me...is a big deal...love u for tht...:D
    there is so much i want to write...bt its ur blog n m just supposed to comment...:D
    M so proud tht our friendship has shaped up so well in these 10 yrs....n the best part abt it is dunno y bt our personal lives r so parallel...n u always kno wats goin in ma life evn if i dnt tell u....n i hope its vive-versa...n m so proud of ths...:D
    FEELS GRT TO BE UR FRND YEST TODAY TOMO EVERYDAY...N FOREVER....
    N YEAH...though its a big loss for me...I pray to god...tht u dnt have to visit me as often as a PATIENT...:P bt nytime u or ur family needs a dentist...i wil always be ther for u.....dear
    thanx thanx thanx alot for makin it so specl....m happy tht my profession served my bestest frnd in some way....n thanx for gvin me the opportunity...it was really specl <3




    P.S-n yeah ur teeth r in best shape..trust me...bt i hope they remain da sam etill ur next visit.....n yeah thanx for putting da best of my snap...1% credit goes to it tht i liked ur blog....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont pretend...i never pretend...u were really good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Ketki...please can i book an appointmnt for next yr!!

    nice blog btw Mr Blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nirav.....nytime...lekin.... pehle aa to sahi INDIA me

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more i read my blog...the more i like it...specially after ketki's comment....yaar...i am happpy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ultimate blog.i haven't read many blogs but what i understand abt u is u r a gud blogger with always a optimistic abt anything in our life.keep it up.


    bye the way dentist is too cute...

    ReplyDelete
  7. gr8 blog about a gr8 girl...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey thanx nityanand....so sweet of u...!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @shashi....yeh shez cute but i wud rather keep her to myself....and btw shez cute from inside tooo....but again....only too mee...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sagar: You have really written very well..wer r u btw??

    @Ketki I guess within a month or two even I might visit you....Just started Sensodyne...if it doesnt help...I'm coming for sure....

    Lets meet up yaar all of us before our paryushan starts...warna I n Pooja would be just sitting and looking at your all faces....even Mayu will be flying soon....so lets all of us meet up before that....

    ReplyDelete
  11. @sagar-thts very generous of u....:D U know after reading this blog...our frndship is surely gettin stronger....it feels grt u know...!!m loving it....i read ths blog atleast 5 times every single day....!!!thanx again...:D

    @mikesh-u r welcum....cum nytime..just gimme a call.....n yeah lets meet up yaar.....its been long since v all havent met.....btw...sagar yaar ur blog is kinda helping me professionally too....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahahah

    @mikesh am back in mumbai...infact just arrived....letz meet up.....sunday dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Free Treatments !! Ketki, you sure are going to save me a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete